Position: Project Designer/Project Architect/Project Manager
Grimm + Parker Architects is an award-winning, regional community architecture firm with both public and private sector clients, (civic, cultural, educational, residential and urban design). We are a diverse group of creative architects, designers and other
professionals who aspire to make our communities wonderful place to live, learn and play!
The Project Designer/Project Architect/Project Manager, (Yes, we're asking for it all!), will work on a team within the Residential and Urban Design Studio (RUD). Our studio culture is collaborative, fast-paced and dynamic, offering many opportunites for future
career growth. The position is based near Silver Spring & College Park, Maryland.
Our Designer/PA/PM's responsibilities will include leading specific technical design aspects of a major project or multiple smaller projects. Participating and at times leading in the planning, design and coordination of multi-family residential projects to
best meet client needs is what this role is all about! The Designer/PA/PM would also be encouraged to become a guide and a mentor for architectural staff who might be earlier on in their careers.
- Professional Degree in Architecture, licensure preferred or pursing licensure
- 5+ years’ experience as Project Designer/Project Architect/Project Manager with multi-family and mixed use residential projects.
- Experience in all phases of construction; feasibility/schematic design studies through construction administration on wood framed and concrete podium projects. High rise and steel frame knowledge is a plus.
- Proven Revit proficiency producing Construction Documents.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to build rapport with clients, consultants and staff.
Grimm + Parker is a fun team of professionals looking for a collaborative team member to join and grow with us. We support professional development, weekly lunch and learns, hard hat tours, professional memberships/associations, in addition to many other all-office
activities such as Halloween Costume Competition and parade, Summer Crab Feast, Community Service and Fundraising, and so much more. Read up about our fabulous culture on Glassdoor, apply via our website and come live it yourself!
Grimm and Parker Architects is an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
or more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.