Position: Financial Analyst
Grimm + Parker Architects is an award-winning, regional community architecture firm with both public and private sector clients (civic, cultural, educational, residential and urban design). We are a diverse group of creative architects, designers and other
professionals who aspire to make our communities wonderful place to live, learn and play! We are currently seeking a Business Analyst for an integral role within our Business Operations Team and the firm. The position is based in the Calverton, MD office
park, near Silver Spring & College Park, Maryland.
The Financial Analyst is a member of the Business Operations team and will work under the guidance and direction of the Manager of Business Operations while also interacting directly with senior leadership of the firm.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize business operations information and trends to include tracking operational efficiencies and KPIs.
- Organize and maintain a contract workflow process from inception through execution firm wide.
- Prepare and revise contracts, working within established standard templates.
- Prepare and disseminate internal contract status reports to management team and firm leaders.
- Work collaboratively with technical staff to enhance contract and business operations support.
- Track project budgets, revenue forecasting and targets using various tools, such as Excel and Deltek Vision.
- Collaborative creative problem solving, which may include accounting/finance team and others.
- Additional special projects and assignments, as directed by the Manager of Business Operations or senior leaders of the firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance.
- 1-3+ years of financial operations analysis experience; familiarity with budgeting and revenue forecasting.
- Excel power user; VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables, macros.
- Proven track record of improving operational efficiencies.
- Motivated self -starter who can drive contract process through delivery.
- Analytical, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Project budget tracking experience & project progress reporting familiarity.
- Ability to work independently, part of a team, and at all levels within an organization.
- High sense of urgency and willingness to take the initiative.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks efficiently, including ability to handle multiple, simultaneous deadlines.
- Work experience within a Professional Services firm, Risk Management and Deltek Vision a plus.
- Willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done
Grimm and Parker is a fun team of diverse professionals seeking another collaborative member to join our team. We support career development and professional memberships/associations, and offer a welcoming environment including Summer Crab Feasts, Halloween
Costume Competitions, Community Service & Fundraising events, and so much more. Check out what Glassdoor says about our fabulous culture, apply online and come live it yourself!
Grimm and Parker Architects is an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
or more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.