Position: Human Resource Generalist
Grimm + Parker Architects is an award-winning, regional community architecture firm with both public and private sector clients (civic, cultural, educational, residential and urban design). We are a diverse group of creative architects, designers and other
professionals who aspire to make our communities wonderful place to live, learn and play! The Human Resource Generalist is an integral role within our Human Resources Department and the firm. The position is based in the Calverton, MD office park, near Silver
Spring & College Park, Maryland.
The Human Resource Generalist works as an integrated member of the Human Resources Department under the guidance and direction of the Director of Human Resources while interacting with colleagues and senior leadership of the firm.
- Assist in administering and executing human resource programs to include but not limited to: compensation, benefits, leaves, performance and talent management, recognition and morale, OSHA, employee training and career development, etc.
- Assist in recruiting efforts across the firm for both exempt and nonexempt positions.
- Participate in enhancing onboarding activities throughout the firm.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, employment laws and regulations.
- Handle employment related inquiries from applicants, employees and managers, referring complex matter to appropriate staff.
- May attend or participate in feedback sessions with staff when necessary
- Assist in administration of payroll and related activities
- May complete employee verifications and assist in any required background checks.
- Work collaboratively with staff at all levels, with ability to interact with senior management.
- Additional special projects and assignments, as directed by the Direct or Human Resources or senior leaders of the firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of varied and progressive exempt level human resource management experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy; mandatory federal report filing experience, administering 401(k) etc.
- Proven track record of success in HR role; recruitment, benefit administration, employee relations, policy implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations.
- Ability to work independently, part of a team, and with all levels of personnel.
- Sense of urgency and willingness to take the initiative.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving abilities and judgement.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks efficiently, including ability to handle multiple, simultaneous deadlines.
- Work experience within a Professional Services firm and experience with Paylocity & emPerform a plus.
- Willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
Grimm and Parker is a fun team of diverse professionals seeking another collaborative member to join our team. We support career development and professional memberships/associations, and offer a welcoming environment including Summer Crab Feasts, Halloween
Costume Competitions, Community Service & Fundraising events, and so much more. Check out what Glassdoor says about our fabulous culture, apply online and come live it yourself!
Grimm and Parker Architects is an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
or more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.